Best Practices for Homeowners Getting Ready to Sell A House
There are a few things you can do to prepare for selling your home. Ensuring that major repairs both come with a warranty and have the test of time behind them is ideal. It is also paramount to make sure the contractor you select to complete a project is registered with the Registrar of Contractors (click HERE to visit the AZ Registrar of Contractors Website to verify a Contractor).
When you select a ROC Licensed Contractor and have a bit of time behind a warrantied repair, you are building value in the home for potential buyers.
Short List of Tips When Getting Ready to List Your Home
- Set a timeframe & stick to it! Be accountable.
- Ask for outside opinions (do you need to paint? etc).
- Think of it like a small business… this is an asset you would like to get top dollar for!
- Make a list of needed repairs & complete them.
- If the repairs are not a ‘Do it Yourself’ project, schedule them with the ROC licensed contractor of your choice.
- Get rid of the mess! Clutter makes it difficult for potential buyers to see the actual house.
- De personalize & stage. Put away family photos and other personal items; buyers want to envision their personal items in the space.
- Refresh & PAINT!
- Remember that curb appeal matters… cut the grass & pull the weeds.
- Have a showing plan… a short list of to do items
- Exceptional photos… remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Pricing is KEY – do your market research & have a realistic target in mind.
If you would like us to come take a look at your home before you list it, let us know!